The Rough Guide to JordanBook - 2006-
The Rough Guide to Jordan
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Jordan with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the magnificent Crusader-period Aljoun castle, go diving in the Red Sea or visit the site where Jesus was baptized, The Rough Guide to Jordan will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Jordan:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Jordan
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Amman, Aqaba and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the Roman Temple of Hercules, ravaged by time but full of ancient splendor, and the bold and spectacular King Abdullah Mosque
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Dana, Jerash and Petra's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Jordan, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Amman; The Dead Sea and Baptism Site; Jerash and the north; The eastern desert; The King's Highway; Petra; Aqaba and the southern desert
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Oman, The Rough Guide to Dubai, The Rough Guide to Turkey
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.