Rough Guide to India (Travel Guide With Free EBook)Book - 2019
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook available now with a free eBook
Discover India with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to explore the Keralan backwaters by houseboat, laze on a beach in Goa, hike through the Himalayan foothills or brave the hustle and bustle of mega-metropolises like Delhi and Mumbai, The Rough Guide to India will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to India:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Himichal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana and Punjab, Gujarat, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa, Kolkata and West Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand, Sikkim, the Northeast, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, the Andaman Islands, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to India.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Delhi, Mumbai and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the captivating Taj Mahal and the spectacular Pink City, of Jaipur.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Delhi, Goa, Rajasthan and Kerala's best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into India, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Innovative and unique extras: a free eBook
- Covers: Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana and Punjab, Gujarat, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa, Kolkata and West Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand, Sikkim, the Northeast, Odishsa, Andhra Pradesh and Telengana, the Andaman Islands, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.