RomeBook - 1993-
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Rome is your in-depth guide to the very best of Rome, the most fascinating city in Italy. Experience the classical Rome and step inside the iconic Colosseum; experience the religious Rome and visit the Vatican City, a country all its own; experience the delicious Rome and stroll the city's beautiful piazzas with a gelato in hand.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Rome :* Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
* Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
* Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
* Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected sight and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances .
* Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
* Area maps marked with sights and restaurants .
* Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation .
* Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
* Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city .
* Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Rome truly shows you this city as no one else can.
Recommend: For a pocket guidebook to Rome, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 Rome , which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time and experience the best of everything.