Using your Voice to Captivate, Persuade, and Command AttentionBook - 2002
"Ever wonder what makes us buy from a certain salesperson or prefer one TV news announcer over another? In each case, a human voice is subtly captivating our ear and commanding our attention.
Now celebrity voice coach Renee Grant-Williams reveals the trade secrets behind those persuasive voices and shows readers how to apply positive vocal techniques to business and personal situations. Much more than a guide to proper breathing or voice projection, this is a life-altering ""owner's manual"" to unleashing and directing the powers of communication within one's speaking voice. By exploring the rich connections between singing and speaking, Grant-Williams helps readers:
* Evaluate their ""VoicePower"" quotients
* Literally breathe new life into their voices
* Tap the amazing power of consonants--and silence
* Deliver sales pitches virtually guaranteed to sell
* Turn a voice mail message (incoming or outgoing) into a personal calling card
* Become more confident, persuasive presenters and public speakers."