The New Encyclopedia of the DogBook - 2000
Now thoroughly revised and updated with 104 new pages, this fully illustrated reference written by veterinarian and pet expert Dr. Bruce Fogle covers more than 420 dog breeds and varieties, describes their histories and shows dog owners how to take the best care of their pet.
Unique and in-depth this new edition is a thoroughly up-to-date and complete exploration of the canine world:
- each breed fully photographed and annotated
- Key Facts box for each breed
- rare breeds, such as the Kyi Leo, and experimental crossbreeds, like the Labradoodle
- evolution of dogs from wolves to loyal companion
- dogs in art, history, literature, film, folklore and religion
- dogs in sports, in service and as companions
- how to choose and care for a dog
- complete sections on anatomy, health, safety, grooming, training
- insights into canine behavior and psychology
- useful addresses.
From the critics
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
SUNAINA HAJELA thinks this title is suitable for between the ages of 99 and 1
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.