To qualify for an appointment – the individual/family:
- Must meet the low income required criteria:
o If single, annual income must not exceed $30,000
o If married, combined annual income must not exceed $45,000
o Must not be self-employed, have business income, or own rental property
o Note: we cannot take appointments for individuals who are deceased, bankrupt, or have capital gains or losses.
- The client must have a valid Pickering Public Library card BEFORE registering and they must be a Pickering resident. Non-Pickering clients are not eligible for this service and should be referred to their home municipality/local library. (Staff: please verify before proceeding).
- Clients who are filing together (e.g., husband and wife) must register as a single appointment.
- Clients will be asked to present documentation at the start of the appointment to verify they are qualified for the service. Should they not meet the criteria at the time of the appointment, they will not be served.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE APPOINTMENT?
- All applicable tax information slips, E.G. T4, T4E, T4(OAS), T4(P), T5, T3 , RC62, T5007, T2201, etc
- Final property tax bill if home owner or if renting, rent receipt from landlord
- Medical receipts, including dental bills, eye glasses, prescription medications
- Any charitable donation receipts
- Last year's notice of assessment
Ensure that you provide an email address where the zoom link can be sent.
This virtual tax clinic will take place over Zoom. You will be placed in a private room with a volunteer to complete your taxes.
To participate in this VIRTUAL TAX CLINIC you must have access to:
- Webcam & microphone
- Access to email
- Access to a phone
If you do not have access to the above, please register for a DROP OFF TAX CLINIC appointment.
You will receive an email from a library staff member the week before your appointment with further instructions. Zoom links will be sent out the day prior to the event to the email address provided.